I'm starting to open up more to my parents, well, my mom, now that I see myself "of age". I think it benefits everyone when people are more open about their feelings and ideas. My mom wants us to be open because she knows that the more controlling or overprotective they are, the quicker they'll push us away.
As my mom and I were walking earlier this evening, we had an adult converstation about anger and the things people say when they're angry. Don't you think it's harder to forget the bad things then remember the good? That's what's tough about life. It's all a balancing act between your actions, choices, and emotions. It's just difficult. That's why I'm trying to stay away from the "bad". When I'm angry, I won't say anything I'll regret later on. Or at least I'll try to. If we all try it sometime, the world just might be a better place. Ha. Like that'll happen.
Just earlier I was discussing with my dad about how Obama really stood out in the college crowd as a better candidate for president. I jokingly told him it's because the liberals are taking over the world! He said he hates the liberals and I told him my mom was a liberal. I asked her, "You burned your bra in college huh?" She replied, "No. I didn't wear a bra in college."
Those are the adult conversations I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment