Today my office contact called me back and advised me:
"I just wanted to inform you that this patient actually expired...he passed away."
=( He was only 56 years old. Then at lunch I had one of those awkward moments in the kitchen. I asked my co-worker, "Oh, you weren't in yesterday. Everything okay?" She replied, "My grandmother passed away." All I could say was "Oh I'm so sorry." Death really makes you think about the way you're living the life you're blessed to be living. Life is definitely too short to be angry/sad so you should definitely live like there's no tomorrow and try to be happy.
Words that I wish I can live by. It's hard when you think, why hold a grudge? What if something happens and you never see or talk to that person again? Could you live with yourself if that happens? I'm not sure if you know about the story of the former Chargers safety Terrence Kiel who died in a car accident, but some witnesses say he was arguing with his girlfriend on his cellphone right before he left the July 4th party of another Charger player. Can you imagine what that girlfriend must be feeling right now? It's heartbreaking.
But what if that person doesn't really belong in your life? When and how do you really know if someone belongs in your short life? Gosh, here I am wasting time thinking about this crap. How bout I just go with the flow, right?
Ugh...I just don't want to regret anything I do and any choices I make because we never know when our expiration date is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment