Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Globetrotter/Jet-setter

Yesterday I was watching "My Girl" on TFC..don't ask me why, I just do, and the young couple in love wanted to run away but the only places she wanted to run away to were London, Rome, and Paris. It's so funny because during 1 trip, I was lucky enough to visit those places and then some. I'm not saying I'm a jet-setter like someone calls me, but I definitely have been blessed with the opportunity to go to New York, Boston, Washington, Canada, London, Rome, Florence, and Paris. I'm not bragging, but more aware at how lucky I was to visit places that a lot of people dream about going to. I'm really glad I allowed myself to let go of my inhibitions and discover new things about the world and myself, even if I'm now broke. I just wish that I appreciated those beautiful places more when I was there rather than looking back at the experiences, but I'll be going back one day to reminisce and create new memories and hopefully go to new places. Mike was the best planner and tour guide I could ask for. Lots of people ask me how I planned any of my trips and all I say is that I didn't. He did it all and thank goodness he did, I'm horrible at planning trips. But I guess I have to learn now huh? Sigh.

I used to be angry at the fact that we had so many memories at every single one of those places and now they'll never be the same for me, I don't know what's been going on with me lately, but I've just been looking at the brighter side of things. Maybe it's because my dad's Dr. called yesterday and left a message for my dad to call him back but the Dr. hasn't returned the call yet? I think everything's okay though since obviously the Dr. would've left an urgent message for my dad to come in to the hospital, but so far the Dr. just asked for a call back. I'll keep you posted. Maybe it's because of all this wedding stuff I'm engulfed in? Maybe it's because I'm starting to watch One Tree Hill again and Haley and Nathan's relationship is too freaking cute? I don't know what it is.

Maybe I'm beginning to believe in love again? (And no, I'm not talking to anyone right now.) Or I'm beginning to believe in myself?

No comments: