Monday, October 20, 2008

Overwhelming gratitude

"Dear Ms. Angeles:

I wanted to thank you again for your help in obtaining -- tablets on my behalf. As an expression of my overwhelming gratitude I wanted to give you a few gift certificates for See's Candies - small tokens, to be sure, but hopefully they convey how grateful I am for your assistance.

Sincerely,

---"

Wow. This couldn've have come on a better day. I already felt good when I woke up and this just brightened everything. I had worked really hard with this patient back in January/February to straighten out their coverage through Blue Cross and I was finally able to enroll them in February I believe. I haven't really spoken to him since then and he sends me this in October?! I am so happy right now because it's definitely the little things that really mean the most to me. Just like Nicky's 'thank you' card, it maybe something little from them, but it's huge in my book. It's good to know that the work I do is appreciated and that I'm not just sitting and answering phones because I do a lot more than that and I hate when people think that's all I do. I like to think I make a difference in people's lives and this shows that I have in at least one persons.

I've learned a lot lately and I can feel that I'm finally starting to pick up the pieces and move forward, I am so happy today. I hope it lasts forever and something inside me tells me it will.

Like Justin, I'm just hanging out. And a super huge thank you to my sister: Jennifer, what would I do without you? =)

Now what am I going to do with 3 lbs. of chocolate from See's Candies?!

1 comment:

jenn-jenn said...

who's justin? and am i the jennifer? haha if so, youre welcome :) you'd be boring without me haha.