Tomorrow will be the first time since graduating, that I'll be going to the bay just to be with friends. It'll be different and interesting, but hopefully in a good way. I chose a really great weekend to go too: Saturday would've been 4 years (do you sense the sarcasm in my writing?). Why did I decide to put myself through this torture? Because without facing my fears, I can't get over it, right?
A couple of days ago was the first time I booked a flight to the east coast by myself. Look at me, I'm a big girl now! (Literally and figuratively :P) It'll be a jam packed weekend, but I'm foreseeing some really great times. I leave 8/30 and arrive at Providence, Rhode Island 10pm-ish. I guess we'll see what that tiny state has to offer! Then head out to Boston/New York. I haven't figured out the details, but I'm just glad I'm keeping my tradition alive. East Coast/New York every year. My birthday present to myself: east coast, yay!
Side note: There was all this damn drama regarding this trip too! I originally requested Friday, 8/29, and Tuesday, 9/2, off since we're off on my birthday, 9/1. I got those approved. So when I was about to book my flight, there were no available flights leaving until 8/30 so I requested to switch my already approved PTO (paid time off) from 8/29 to Wednesday, 9/3, assuming it'd be okay since I was just switching the approved day. I got my request back and it said, "Unfortunately, due to business need, this request is denied." WTF!!! Business need!? Oh heck no. So I checked our PTO calendar and no one was off the day I was requesting! I spoke with my supervisor and it turns out that another program that my team is starting will launch on Tuesday, 9/2. And?! Apparently she wants us to be available, but I told her my situation and she just simply told me she'd take a look at it, but to next time be careful with travel plans. Are you kidding me!? I have a life and it certainly doesn't revolve around my job, I'm sorry. (Of course I didn't tell her that.) So later on I got an email that stated, "After further review, this request has been approved." Oh my gosh. What's funny is that later that day the chronicle that's sent to our whole department (CA, MD, and Sydney, Australia offices) was emailed and it has a section with Signature Client Services and I was featured on it because of something a patient said about my customer service. I thought, see, I freakin work my a*s off for this company and I can't even get personal PTO approved, for my birthday no less?! Gosh. Whatever, I got it approved.
"Madel Angeles received a compliment from a patient that felt she went beyond the steps of just denying him from the PAP and appreciated that she took the time to provide him with a thorough explanation of his PAP eligibility and insurance coverage situation. He also stated that Madel's abilities reflect the excellent training she received, which was an indication to him that the entire staff at the Patient Assistance Program are also well-trained."
(Like Kat's headline on her blog, it's not too difficult to be nice.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment