For Lent, this is what I'm trying to do: (Besides being a better person, overall. We always have room for improvement.)
1. Give up rice during the weekdays. Eh, you can see it as a cop out since I can still eat rice during the weekend, but this is asking a lot from me since, as my coworker put it, I eat rice with every meal. =/ Great. But this past weekend, I only had one meal with rice and a spoon-full from Jenn's rice. So I think I'm doing pretty well. But, dinner is the toughest. I'm hungry.
2. Stop cussing. I try this every year and I always fail. At least I'm trying right? I mainly curse at other drivers. Ash Wednesday for example, I was on my way to church and the car in front of me was signaling to get in the right lane, but the car to my right wouldn't let them in. So finally the car ahead of me just slowed down and got behind the car to the right. So having the road rage that I have, I sped up and looked at the driver. The girl was texting on her cell phone and didn't notice the car signaling. I looked at her and said, "Geez, stupid b*ch." Ugh!! There goes my Lenten promise after how many hours!! I felt really bad though. I'm sorry.
3. Every time I feel sad/angry/lonely/stressed (eh you get the point), instead of having a sad face or wanting to cry, I just SMILE. Even though it's a forced smile or a smile that's hiding what you're truly feeling, it makes me kind of happy to know that I can just...let it go. Or try to at least. Sounds dumb huh? Oh well. I like it.
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds, in the sky, you'll get by
If you Smile, through your fear and sorrow
Smile, and there'll be tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
If you'll just smile.
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear, may be ever so near,
That's the time, you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you'll just....SMILE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow you're giving up a lot!
i've been successful with my no diet coke lol..maybe it's easier when you're just focusing on giving up one thing hehehe
Post a Comment