I think I'm just being emotional again. For instance, this morning on my way to work, I was listening to the local morning show, AJ's Playhouse, and AJ has this event this time every year called AJ's Kids Crane where he stays in a crane in the air until he reaches his goal of collecting a certain number of toys for Rady's Children's Hospital. This year the goal is 100,000 toys and they previewed their "theme song" if you will, and it was that "Just Stand Up" song that ft. a lot of female singers like Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Leona Lewis, Carrie Underwood, etc. but they remixed it with clips of interviews with the kids. I started tearing thinking about these kids who've been in there for months already being treated for cancer and other diseases/illnesses. It was so sad yet made me so hopeful that things would get better for them and at least the toys would help bring a smile to their faces.
While I'm here cleaning and thinking about which memories I can part with, there are these kids who are fighting to live to create new memories. It makes me sad. I'm selfish, I'm thinking about me again. It's hard not to reflect on your own life. I should really donate.

No comments:
Post a Comment